The kingdom of Swaziland is a friendly, compact and enchanting country. Its landscapes range from dramatic mountain peaks to deep river valleys, from lush rolling hills to evocative bushveld plains. Add to this a thriving cultural heartbeat, a traditional monarchy going back hundreds of years and a proud national identity, and you have a really special vacation destination.
The book includes a compelling, comprehensive account of the country’s fascinating history and cultural heritage. Swaziland also boasts some top-notch adventure activities, such as river-rafting, quad-biking, mountain-biking, hiking, big game-viewing and horse-riding trails.
There are plenty of accommodation options, ranging from 5-star international hotels to quaint B&Bs, to backpackers, to home-stays in traditional beehive huts. Suggested travel itineraries are included to help you make the most of your time in the Kingdom.
- For tourists and visitors to Swaziland
- For people with an interest in the cultures, history and geography of Africa
- For academics, scholars, schoolchildren
- First travel guide (since 1983) to be published internationally focusing specifically on Swaziland
- Easy to use, entertaining and packed with cool stuff
- Uncovers much unknown information on this tiny African country
§ Back to list