Let Southbound take you back to where we came from—The Cradle of Humankind in the Magaliesberg region of the Gauteng and North West provinces of South Africa and uncover the myths and intricacies of our species in this delightfully entertaining and informative guide.
- The Big Bang! and where it all started—Sheesh!
- Ta-dah! Introducing the ancestral cast—Mrs. Ples (or is that Mr.?), the Taung child, Little Foot … and a host of fossil extras
- and where they hung out—the caves of Sterkfontein, Kromdraai and Swartkranz
- then digging ‘em all up—Raymond Dart, Robert Broom, Ron Clarke, Lee Burger et al
- History of the area and the people, the fauna and flora
- Detailed maps, colour photographs, route guides
- Comprehensive listings for travellers of places to go, things to see, and accommodation
§ Back to list